Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Special Order Painting

My youngest daughter had an orthodontist appointment this morning, which is near my old office.  One of my former co-workers just found out her husband has been diagnosed with cancer, so I wanted to sign the office card/donation.  It was so great to see everyone, and I was able to give her a hug and prayers.

One of my good friends (from my old office) sent me a picture requesting a special painting.  Here it is:

I wasn't sure if I would be able to pull it off.  But of course, I will try to paint anything..once. :)  In my years of painting, I have learned that what it looks like at the beginning isn't how it will look in the end.  It is best just to keep going....cause in the end with shading and highlighting it usually pulls together.

So first, I drew it on the canvas.  Usually, I paint the background color first, but this one was different.

The stained glass look made a nice "grid" for drawing it on.

Let's begin.
Okay, honestly, at this point I was a little worried...but I kept going.  I realized I would need to black lines for more guidance. :)
 
Now, I can see where to shade.


 Needs a few more highlights:
Okay, here we go:
Sides are painted, too.

All done!  













No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment or question!