Saturday, March 23, 2013

Marvelous Mugs

How to Paint a Marvelous Mug:


Here is what you need to paint these marvelous mugs:

I like the Americana Gloss Enamels.  I purchase them at my local Hobby Lobby shop.  Their paints frequently go on sale for 30%.  Otherwise, they always have a 40% off one regular priced item.  I pull it up on my phone in the store.  Notice the Razzle Berry was on sale for $1.00.  Nice!

There is an all purpose glitter paint by Martha Stewart.  Americana does have a glitter one, but Hobby Lobby was out. I bought this one at JoAnn's Fabrics.

As for the mugs, I have purchased them at our Dollar Store; however, they haven't been carrying them lately...no wine glasses either.  However, I found some nice sized ones with a nice "deign" for painting at Walmart.

Step 1:  Wash the mugs well. I use Dawn soap to rid the mugs of any grease and dirt from the store.

Step 2:  Rub the entire mug with a cotton ball dipped in rubbing alcohol.  Air dry for a few minutes. I frequently use my old hair dryer - I'm not very patient!

Step 3:  Paint!  The pouncers work wonderfully and leave a nice textured finish.

Step 4:  Air dry for 48 hours.

Step 5:  Place mugs on a cookie sheet in a cool oven.  Set to 325 degrees for 30-45 minutes.  Shut oven off, and let them cool in the oven.

Step 6:  Enjoy!  They are dishwasher safe, but I prefer to hand wash.  My dishwasher is a little aggressive...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment or question!